Demi Lovato Puts Father To Rest
10:33 am, June 30th, 2013
Demi Lovato said a final goodbye to her father Patrick on Saturday.
The star, who’s dad died of cancer last week, tweeted, “Today I put my Daddy to rest…. hardest thing I’ve ever done.. But I know great things will come of this.”
“There’s an overwhelming sense of peace knowing my dad is no longer battling his demons anymore and that makes me so happy,” added Lovato.
On Thursday, the “X Factor” judge revealed her father battled psychological issues and she’s therefore decided to create a mental illness scholarship fund in his honor.
The Lovato Treatment Scholarship Program will cover treatment expenses for individuals who struggle with mental health problems.
Lovato herself suffers from bipolar disorder, and has been extremely open about her struggles with the illness.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Bethenny and Jason Hoppy's Daughter Ordered To Undergo Evaluation
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties