Demi Lovato Puts Father To Rest
10:33 am, June 30th, 2013
Demi Lovato said a final goodbye to her father Patrick on Saturday.
The star, who’s dad died of cancer last week, tweeted, “Today I put my Daddy to rest…. hardest thing I’ve ever done.. But I know great things will come of this.”
“There’s an overwhelming sense of peace knowing my dad is no longer battling his demons anymore and that makes me so happy,” added Lovato.
On Thursday, the “X Factor” judge revealed her father battled psychological issues and she’s therefore decided to create a mental illness scholarship fund in his honor.
The Lovato Treatment Scholarship Program will cover treatment expenses for individuals who struggle with mental health problems.
Lovato herself suffers from bipolar disorder, and has been extremely open about her struggles with the illness.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Lindsay Lohan Soaks Up Some Florida Sun
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy