Demi Lovato Talks About Cutting Herself: “You Just Want to Feel” (VIDEO)
3:57 pm, December 12th, 2013VIDEO
Demi Lovato opens up about self-harm in a new interview, telling “Access Hollywood” about the years she spent cutting herself.
“It’s more taboo to talk about than drugs and alcohol,” she says.
The “X Factor” star explains, “Just because you’re cutting, [it] doesn’t mean you’re suicidal.”
She admits that she started at 11 or 12 years old, hoping, “Maybe this will fix the pain.”
While it began as a cry for help, Lovato started to cut in places where “no one would see.”
“Sometimes when you are feeling so numb, just by being depressed… you just want to feel,” reveals the singer.
Check out what Lovato has to say about the very serious issue in the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents