Demi Lovato on Losing Friends After Rehab: It “Was A Wake Up Call”
10:53 pm, May 2nd, 2013
Demi Lovato says rehab was a “wake up call” that led her to reconsider the people in her life.
“A couple of months before I went to rehab, I had a birthday party and there were a couple of hundred people there. It was full of people who I considered my closest friends,” she recalls in the June issue of Company magazine.
“When I turned my phone on after being in rehab for three months, I expected lots of text messages and phone calls,” says Lovato. ”I had four texts. That was a wake up call.”
The singer finished rehab in January 2011, after getting treatment for bulimia and cutting, as well as other issues.
Lovato explains to the magazine that the experience changed her social circle, and now she doesn’t have “loads of friends.”
“I used to, but then I realized, do any of them actually care?” says “The X Factor” judge.
“Now I have people who, if I break my leg in the middle of the night, they’ll come to the hospital with me,” Lovato tells the mag. “Or they’ll answer the phone at 4 a.m. if I need them.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?