Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol Wins First Box Office of 2012
7:20 am, January 1st, 2012BOX OFFICE
Tom Cruise rang into 2012 with a win at the box office.
The star’s Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol took the top spot at the box office on New Year’s weekend, raking in $31.3 million, beating second place finisher Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows ($22.1 million).
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chip-Wrecked came in third with $18.3 million.
War Horse and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo secured fourth and fifth places with $16.9 million and $16.3 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were the Matt Damon family flick We Bought A Zoo ($14.3 million), The Adventures of Tintin ($12 million), New Year’s Eve ($6.7 million), Moscow alien invasion flick The Darkest Hour ($4.3 million), and The Descendants ($3.7 million).
What did you see this holiday weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Christian Bale & Woody Harrelson Share The Screen
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young