The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 Beats Skyfall For #1 Spot at Box Office
9:44 am, December 2nd, 2012BOX OFFICE
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 edged out the James Bond movie Skyfall for first place in a tight battle for the box office crown, one week after the pair helped fuel the biggest Thanksgiving in Hollywood history.
Breaking Dawn – Part 2 earned $17.4 million while second place finisher Skyfall took in $17 million.
Coming in third was Lincoln with $13.5 million.
Rise of the Guardians and Life of Pi nabbed fourth and fifth places with $13.4 million and $12 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were Wreck-It Ralph ($7.1 million), Brad Pitt’s hit man drama Killing Them Softly ($6.9 million), the remake of Red Dawn ($6.6 million), Flight ($4.5 million), and the Jennifer Lawrence-Bradley Cooper offbeat romance Silver Linings Playbook ($3.2 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank