“Dear Abby” Creator Pauline Phillips Dead
1:27 pm, January 17th, 2013
“Dear Abby” creator Pauline Phillips has died.
She was 94 and had suffered with Alzheimer’s disease.
The news was first reported by TMZ.
Phillips created the world-famous “Dear Abby” advice column in 1956 and chose “Abigail Van Buren” as a pen name.
Her twin sister was Ann Landers — a famed advice columnist in her own right.
In recent years, “Dear Abby” was written by Phillips’ daughter Jeanne.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"