“Dear Abby” Creator Pauline Phillips Dead
1:27 pm, January 17th, 2013
“Dear Abby” creator Pauline Phillips has died.
She was 94 and had suffered with Alzheimer’s disease.
The news was first reported by TMZ.
Phillips created the world-famous “Dear Abby” advice column in 1956 and chose “Abigail Van Buren” as a pen name.
Her twin sister was Ann Landers — a famed advice columnist in her own right.
In recent years, “Dear Abby” was written by Phillips’ daughter Jeanne.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents