“Dear Abby” Creator Pauline Phillips Dead
1:27 pm, January 17th, 2013
“Dear Abby” creator Pauline Phillips has died.
She was 94 and had suffered with Alzheimer’s disease.
The news was first reported by TMZ.
Phillips created the world-famous “Dear Abby” advice column in 1956 and chose “Abigail Van Buren” as a pen name.
Her twin sister was Ann Landers — a famed advice columnist in her own right.
In recent years, “Dear Abby” was written by Phillips’ daughter Jeanne.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails