Dax Shepard Turns Down PETA’s Sexiest Male Vegetarian of the Year Award
8:57 pm, June 27th, 2013
Dax Shepard says he can’t accept PETA’s Sexiest Male Vegetarian of the Year Award — because he’s no longer a vegetarian.
The organization recently crowned Shepard and fiancée Kristen Bell as the 2013 male/female winners of their annual online poll, but the “Parenthood” star took to Twitter on Thursday to decline the honor.
“I’m really flattered to be named ‘Sexiest Vegetarian’ with @IMKristenBell, but sadly I can’t accept in good conscience because I eat chicken,” tweeted Shepard.
He continued, “I was vegan for a year, but that ended 6 months ago. I aspire to be more like @IMKristenBell , but I’m not there yet.”
Currently, PETA’s website — which denotes that the “winner was chosen by PETA based on several factors, including vote count” — only lists Bell as the winner, and Shepard is no longer listed in the group of eligible males.
What do you think of Shepard turning down the award?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank