Dax Shepard Turns Down PETA’s Sexiest Male Vegetarian of the Year Award
8:57 pm, June 27th, 2013
Dax Shepard says he can’t accept PETA’s Sexiest Male Vegetarian of the Year Award — because he’s no longer a vegetarian.
The organization recently crowned Shepard and fiancée Kristen Bell as the 2013 male/female winners of their annual online poll, but the “Parenthood” star took to Twitter on Thursday to decline the honor.
“I’m really flattered to be named ‘Sexiest Vegetarian’ with @IMKristenBell, but sadly I can’t accept in good conscience because I eat chicken,” tweeted Shepard.
He continued, “I was vegan for a year, but that ended 6 months ago. I aspire to be more like @IMKristenBell , but I’m not there yet.”
Currently, PETA’s website — which denotes that the “winner was chosen by PETA based on several factors, including vote count” — only lists Bell as the winner, and Shepard is no longer listed in the group of eligible males.
What do you think of Shepard turning down the award?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting