David Letterman’s Apology today to his staff and wife
7:03 pm, October 5th, 2009
During today’s taping of “Late Show with David Letterman,” the talk show host apologized for the attention he drew to his staff and family.
Gossip Cop has his on-air apology:
“I’m terribly sorry that I put the staff in that position. Inadvertently, I just wasn’t thinking ahead. And, moreover, the staff here has been wonderfully supportive to me, not just through this furor, but through all the years that we’ve been on television and especially all the years here at CBS, so, again, my thanks to the staff for, once again, putting up with something stupid I’ve gotten myself involved in.
“Now the other thing is my wife, Regina. She has been horribly hurt by my behavior, and when something happens like that, if you hurt a person and it’s your responsibility, you try to fix it. And at that point, there’s only two things that can happen: either you’re going to make some progress and get it fixed, or you’re going to fall short and perhaps not get it fixed, so let me tell you folks, I got my work cut out for me.”
What are your thoughts about the apology. Gossip Cop would like to know.
Remember to follow us on Twitter – @GossipCop for the latest in accurate celebrity news reporting!
You might like:
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution