David Furnish: My Madonna Comments Were “Blown Way Out of Proportion”
6:56 pm, January 19th, 2012
To recap: Before Sunday’s awards, John sniped that Madonna didn’t have a “f**king chance” to win.
After she did take home a Globe for Best Original Song, Furnish ripped Madonna on Facebook, writing that her victory “truly shows how these awards have nothing to do with merit.”
Now, Furnish is back on Facebook — and singing a slightly different tune.
He wrote on Thursday, “Wow! What a tempest in a teapot. My comments regarding The Golden Globes have been blown way out of proportion.”
Furnish explained his Madonna rant by saying, “My passion for our film ‘Gnomeo & Juliet’ and belief in Elton’s song really got my emotional juices going.”
He ended on a magnanimous note: “I must say for the record that I do believe Madonna is a great artist, and that Elton and I wish her all the best for next week’s premiere of the film ‘W.E.’”
What do you think of Furnish’s statement?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri