David Beckham Joins Paris Saint-Germain Soccer Team, Will Donate Salary to Charity
12:26 pm, January 31st, 2013
David Beckham has found a new home for his soccer talents.
The athlete, who left the L.A. Galaxy last month, signed a five-month deal with France’s Paris Saint-Germain team.
Beckham announced the news on Thursday, revealing that he’ll donate his entire salary to charity.
He said in a press conference in Paris, “I’m excited, it’s something we’ve been working on and talking about for quite a while.”
The father of four added, “I won’t receive any salary. My salary will go to a local children’s charity. That’s one of the things we are excited and proud to do. It’s something exciting and I’m not sure it’s been done before.”
Beckham recently moved his family back to London after he ended his five-and-a-half year stint with the L.A. Galaxy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss