David Beckham Joins Paris Saint-Germain Soccer Team, Will Donate Salary to Charity
12:26 pm, January 31st, 2013
David Beckham has found a new home for his soccer talents.
The athlete, who left the L.A. Galaxy last month, signed a five-month deal with France’s Paris Saint-Germain team.
Beckham announced the news on Thursday, revealing that he’ll donate his entire salary to charity.
He said in a press conference in Paris, “I’m excited, it’s something we’ve been working on and talking about for quite a while.”
The father of four added, “I won’t receive any salary. My salary will go to a local children’s charity. That’s one of the things we are excited and proud to do. It’s something exciting and I’m not sure it’s been done before.”
Beckham recently moved his family back to London after he ended his five-and-a-half year stint with the L.A. Galaxy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Bethenny and Jason Hoppy's Daughter Ordered To Undergo Evaluation
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties