David Beckham Announces Final Game With L.A. Galaxy To Be December 1
8:14 pm, November 19th, 2012
David Beckham has announced that the MSL Cup on December 1 against the Houston Dynamo will be his final game for the L.A. Galaxy.
The soccer star, who joined the Galaxy in 2007 and helped popularize the sport even more in the U.S., said in a statement, “I’ve had an incredibly special time playing for the LA Galaxy, however, I wanted to experience one last challenge before the end of my playing career.”
“I don’t see this as the end of my relationship with the league as my ambition is to be part of the ownership structure in the future,” he added.
MLS Commissioner Don Garber noted, “There is no doubt that MLS is far more popular and important here and abroad than it was when [Beckham] arrived.”
Garber continued, “David has achieved great things on and off the field during his time with the Galaxy, and he will always be an important part of our history. We look forward to his continued involvement with the LA Galaxy and the league.”
What do you think of Beckham hanging up his Galaxy cleats?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist