Box Office Numbers Not Being Released Because of Dark Knight Rises Tragedy
12:26 pm, July 22nd, 2012
Out of respect for Friday’s tragedy at the midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado, other movie studios are joining Warner Bros. by not publicly releasing their box office numbers.
Generally, the numbers are made public and updated throughout the weekend, but in light of the massacre at the hands of James Holmes, the official ticket sales will not be released until Monday.
Bale’s director, Christopher Nolan, also expressed his own grief and pain, calling the attack “unbearably savage.”
Gossip Cop is told that despite the horrific shootings, The Dark Knight Rises still performed brisk business at the box office, earning approximately $160 million.
Coming in a distant second place was Ice Age 4 with about $20 million, we’re told, and The Amazing Spider-Man finished in third place with slightly more than $11 million in ticket sales.
Gossip Cop will post the complete box office numbers on Monday.
In the meantime, our hearts and prayers remain with those suffering during this difficult time.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet