Box Office Numbers Not Being Released Because of Dark Knight Rises Tragedy
12:26 pm, July 22nd, 2012
Out of respect for Friday’s tragedy at the midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado, other movie studios are joining Warner Bros. by not publicly releasing their box office numbers.
Generally, the numbers are made public and updated throughout the weekend, but in light of the massacre at the hands of James Holmes, the official ticket sales will not be released until Monday.
Bale’s director, Christopher Nolan, also expressed his own grief and pain, calling the attack “unbearably savage.”
Gossip Cop is told that despite the horrific shootings, The Dark Knight Rises still performed brisk business at the box office, earning approximately $160 million.
Coming in a distant second place was Ice Age 4 with about $20 million, we’re told, and The Amazing Spider-Man finished in third place with slightly more than $11 million in ticket sales.
Gossip Cop will post the complete box office numbers on Monday.
In the meantime, our hearts and prayers remain with those suffering during this difficult time.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?