Box Office Numbers Not Being Released Because of Dark Knight Rises Tragedy
12:26 pm, July 22nd, 2012
Out of respect for Friday’s tragedy at the midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado, other movie studios are joining Warner Bros. by not publicly releasing their box office numbers.
Generally, the numbers are made public and updated throughout the weekend, but in light of the massacre at the hands of James Holmes, the official ticket sales will not be released until Monday.
Bale’s director, Christopher Nolan, also expressed his own grief and pain, calling the attack “unbearably savage.”
Gossip Cop is told that despite the horrific shootings, The Dark Knight Rises still performed brisk business at the box office, earning approximately $160 million.
Coming in a distant second place was Ice Age 4 with about $20 million, we’re told, and The Amazing Spider-Man finished in third place with slightly more than $11 million in ticket sales.
Gossip Cop will post the complete box office numbers on Monday.
In the meantime, our hearts and prayers remain with those suffering during this difficult time.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries