Daniel Radcliffe: “Slightly Miffed” About Harry Potter Oscar Snub
1:59 pm, February 7th, 2012
Daniel Radcliffe is “slightly miffed” that Harry Potter was shut out of the Academy Awards race.
“I don’t think the Oscars like commercial films, or kids’ films, unless they’re directed by Martin Scorsese,” he told Radio Times, adding, “I was watching Hugo the other day and going, ‘Why is this nominated and we’re not?’”
He explains, “There’s a certain amount of snobbery.”
Radcliffe does stress, however, that it’s not as though the Harry Potter didn’t pay off in every way besides an Academy Award.
“How much of a pat on the back do we really need? We get paid stupid amounts of money,” emphasizes the star.
Still, the Oscars snub is “kind of disheartening,” admits Radcliffe.
While the Harry Potter series earned multiple nominations in technical categories over the past 10 years, it never picked up nods in the major categories – acting, writing or directing.
This year’s final installment (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2) was not among the Best Picture nominees.
Do you agree with Radcliffe?
Should Potter have gotten Oscar nods?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days