CLAIM: Daniel Radcliffe to Play Freddie Mercury in Upcoming Movie
3:57 pm, September 23rd, 2013
“Daniel Radcliffe is being lined up to play legendary Queen star Freddie Mercury,” claims the Daily Star.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Sacha Baron Cohen dropped out of a long-planned biopic in July, and now the British tabloid claims “producers are keen to bag Radcliffe, and are prepared to offer him big money to tempt him to play the gay singer.”
“Daniel has been told the part is his if he wants it,” a so-called “source” tells the Daily Star.
The alleged snitch continues, saying in totally unnatural language, “Despite his youth, Daniel impressed movie bosses with his portrayal of gay poet Allen Ginsburg in this year’s movie Kill Your Darlings.”
“Plus, he’s closer in height to Freddie than Sacha, who’s much taller. Daniel can really sing, too,” adds the paper’s supposed source.
While it’s true Radcliffe can belt a tune, he is NOT going to be playing Mercury.
In fact, the actor’s camp says he’s never even been contacted by anyone associated with the project.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Rachel Zoe and Anne Hathaway's Major Break Up Shocker
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video