CLAIM: Daniel Radcliffe to Play Freddie Mercury in Upcoming Movie
3:57 pm, September 23rd, 2013
“Daniel Radcliffe is being lined up to play legendary Queen star Freddie Mercury,” claims the Daily Star.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Sacha Baron Cohen dropped out of a long-planned biopic in July, and now the British tabloid claims “producers are keen to bag Radcliffe, and are prepared to offer him big money to tempt him to play the gay singer.”
“Daniel has been told the part is his if he wants it,” a so-called “source” tells the Daily Star.
The alleged snitch continues, saying in totally unnatural language, “Despite his youth, Daniel impressed movie bosses with his portrayal of gay poet Allen Ginsburg in this year’s movie Kill Your Darlings.”
“Plus, he’s closer in height to Freddie than Sacha, who’s much taller. Daniel can really sing, too,” adds the paper’s supposed source.
While it’s true Radcliffe can belt a tune, he is NOT going to be playing Mercury.
In fact, the actor’s camp says he’s never even been contacted by anyone associated with the project.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?