Daniel Radcliffe: I Filmed Harry Potter While Drunk, Thought About Quitting Franchise
7:32 pm, February 3rd, 2012
“I can point to many scenes where I’m just gone. Dead behind the eyes,” he says in an interview in the new issue of Heat.
Radcliffe clarified that while he never drank on set, he did go “into work still drunk.”
The actor, who’s been busy promoting his new movie The Woman In Black, further told ShortList that drinking turned him into a “rude bore” who often drank until he blacked out.
“For a long time people were saying to me, ‘We think you have a problem,’ but in the end I had to come to the realization myself,” Radcliffe explains.
The movie star has been sober since August 2010.
He also reveals that he contemplated quitting Harry Potter after filming the series’ third movie.
“It was only for a second, but I thought, ‘If I do the fourth, I’ll have to do them all,’ and that seemed quite daunting,” he tells ShortList.
He adds, “If I was going to leave, that would have been the perfect time because it would have given whoever came in to play Harry enough films to establish himself properly. It wouldn’t have totally dumped him in the sh-t.”
So what stopped him from following through?
Radcliffe explains, “But then I started thinking, ‘What other good parts are there for 15-year-olds? None.’”
What do you think of Radcliffe’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- Is Lil Mama TLC's Permanent Left Eye Replacement?
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years