Dan Marino Fathered Love Child with CBS Employee
9:28 am, January 31st, 2013
Dan Marino fathered a love child with a CBS employee named Donna Savattere in 2005, then paid her to keep it under wraps.
The Hall of Fame quarterback admitted to the indiscretion after the New York Post broke the story.
“This is a personal and private matter. I take full responsibility both personally and financially for my actions now as I did then,” said the Miami Dolphins legend in a statement. “We mutually agreed to keep our arrangement private to protect all parties involved.”
Savaterre was a production assistant when Marino impregnated her.
She gave birth to Chloe in June 2005.
Marino has worked as an analyst for CBS Sports since 2003 and will be part of this Sunday’s Super Bowl telecast.
He has been married to Claire Marino since 1985 and has four sons and two adopted daughters with her.
“My wife and I have been married for almost 30 years and have six children together,” said Marino on Wednesday, adding, “And we continue to be a strong and loving family.”
According to the Post, Savattere was paid millions to care for Chloe, although the total sum is unclear.
Marino has reportedly been in touch with his 7-year-old illegitimate daughter.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents