Fired Community Showrunner Dan Harmon Lashes Out: “Literally Nobody Called Me”
12:14 pm, May 19th, 2012
Harmon is not happy about it.
The writer-producer blasted the studio and NBC early Saturday in a Tumblr post alleging that he’d been left in the dark about his dismissal, comparing his situation to being beaten up as a kid.
“Why’d Sony want me gone? I can’t answer that because I’ve been in as much contact with them as you have,” writes Harmon in his message to fans. “They literally haven’t called me since the season four pickup, so their reasons for replacing me are clearly none of my business.”
Later, he reiterates, “Do not believe anyone that tells you on Monday that I quit or diminished my role so I could spend more time with my loved ones, or that I negotiated and we couldn’t come to an agreement, etc. It couldn’t be less true because, just to make this clear, literally nobody called me.”
He also rips NBC head Bob Greenblatt for a quote making it seem as though Harmon intends to remain with “Community” in some capacity.
Harmon writes, “That’s a misquote. I think he meant to say he’s sure cookies are yummy, because he’s never called me once in the entire duration of his employment at NBC.”
At one point, Harmon says, “When I was a kid, sometimes I’d run home to Mommy with a bloody nose and say, ‘Mom, my friends beat me up,’ and my Mom would say ‘well then they’re not worth having as friends, are they?’”
He adds, “I’m 39, now. The friends my Mom warned me about are bigger now, and older, bloodying my nose with old world numbers, and old world tactics, like, oh, I don’t know, sending out press releases to TV Guide at 7pm on a Friday.”
“Community” may never match “Two and a Half Men” in the ratings, but it sure seems to share the behind-the-scenes fireworks.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents