WATCH: Curtis Finch Jr. Fights Back Tears After Standing Ovation on American Idol
10:03 pm, March 6th, 2013VIDEO
Curtis Finch Jr. inspired the “American Idol” judges like none other on Wednesday’s show.
The entire panel was visibly moved by the contestant’s powerful rendition of “I Believe I Can Fly” by R. Kelly, and gave Finch a standing ovation as he fought back tears.
“We just had us a sermon in Vegas, baby! I believe you can fly, Curtis!” Keith Urban told him. ”You just ooze everything good and light and godly and whole. You just have so much hope in you and we need some of that.”
Nicki Minaj said Finch raises the bar every time he performs, and expressed that his talent ”is bigger than ‘American Idol.’”
“That is not even something that can be measured in the number of votes you get tonight,” said the rapper, adding, ”Curtis, I really hope and pray you make that kind of an album. People need that.”
Randy Jackson said the night’s competition didn’t even really begin til Finch performed, and told all the other contestants, “This is what you all should be doing.”
And Mariah Carey admitted she spends each week waiting for the contender to take the stage.
“I want to thank you for that performance,” she told Finch, ”because the energy you were giving off… is what I needed in my life right now.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet