CLAIM: Craig Ferguson “Overcome by Jealousy,” Hates Katie Couric
4:08 pm, October 24th, 2012VIDEO
According to the tabloid, “Craig used to be one of Katie’s close confidantes, but he’s been so overcome by jealousy that their friendship has suffered.”
“Katie is trying to repair their relationship, but Craig is not having it,” a so-called “friend” tells Star. “He’s totally bitter and annoyed by her success.”
Ferguson has supposedly “rebuffed” Couric’s attempts to smooth things over, including an invitation to appear on her show.
Star says he’s “made his resentment clear, and has had nothing nice to say about Katie ever since she announced her plans to leave the evening news last year.
The tab speculates that it could be “ratings jealousy,” and even suggests it could be a result of unrequited romantic affection.
“Craig’s friends think that he and Katie either dated at some point or she spurned his advances,” explains the Star insider. “There’s no other explanation for his sour grapes.”
Um, the reason Ferguson’s supposed “sour grapes” are so inexplicable is because THEY DON’T EXIST.
This is one of the more bizarre stories we can remember seeing recently, especially because it seems completely oblivious to the fact that Couric and Ferguson do not compete — she has a daytime show; he has a late-night show.
And as for the suggestion that Ferguson has ill will toward Couric for any other reason, Star is completely off the mark.
They “never dated,” a source close to the married Ferguson tells Gossip Cop, adding that the entire story is “false” and “ridiculous.”
Watch Ferguson mock the false rumor on “The Late Late Show” below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress