WATCH: Teen Bride Courtney Stodden and Actor Doug Hutchison Discuss Their Controversial Relationship
9:21 am, July 15th, 2011VIDEO
The couple describe how their first (professional) contact blossomed into an online courtship.
When they first met online, Hutchison thought the, um, mature-looking Stodden was in her twenties. Upon finding out she was 16, he says, “It didn’t make me want to walk away, but it definitely was a struggle inside my heart… because I had already started falling for her.”
Hutchison eventually flew up to meet Stodden and her family, and wound up proposing.
Stodden’s mother was the one who first pointed out that it was possible for them to marry despite her daughter’s age.
And that’s what they did.
Hutchison says the criticism he’s seen online has been tough, but “if [people] need to feel this way… it’s OK. I’ve been called worse than a pedophile in my life.”
Check out the video below!
What do you think?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs