WATCH: Teen Bride Courtney Stodden and Actor Doug Hutchison Discuss Their Controversial Relationship
9:21 am, July 15th, 2011VIDEO
The couple describe how their first (professional) contact blossomed into an online courtship.
When they first met online, Hutchison thought the, um, mature-looking Stodden was in her twenties. Upon finding out she was 16, he says, “It didn’t make me want to walk away, but it definitely was a struggle inside my heart… because I had already started falling for her.”
Hutchison eventually flew up to meet Stodden and her family, and wound up proposing.
Stodden’s mother was the one who first pointed out that it was possible for them to marry despite her daughter’s age.
And that’s what they did.
Hutchison says the criticism he’s seen online has been tough, but “if [people] need to feel this way… it’s OK. I’ve been called worse than a pedophile in my life.”
Check out the video below!
What do you think?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?