WATCH: Teen Bride Courtney Stodden and Actor Doug Hutchison Discuss Their Controversial Relationship
9:21 am, July 15th, 2011VIDEO
The couple describe how their first (professional) contact blossomed into an online courtship.
When they first met online, Hutchison thought the, um, mature-looking Stodden was in her twenties. Upon finding out she was 16, he says, “It didn’t make me want to walk away, but it definitely was a struggle inside my heart… because I had already started falling for her.”
Hutchison eventually flew up to meet Stodden and her family, and wound up proposing.
Stodden’s mother was the one who first pointed out that it was possible for them to marry despite her daughter’s age.
And that’s what they did.
Hutchison says the criticism he’s seen online has been tough, but “if [people] need to feel this way… it’s OK. I’ve been called worse than a pedophile in my life.”
Check out the video below!
What do you think?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- 5 Celebrity Hairstyles Real Men Dig
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- 6 Celebrities Who Look Beautiful Without Makeup
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Does Kristen Stewart Look Different with Rob?