Cosmopolis Tops Specialty Box Office
4:23 pm, August 19th, 2012
Although the film only played in three theaters in New York and L.A., Cosmopolis had a gross of $72,300 ($24,100 per theater), helping it top the specialty box office, with the best average of the weekend.
That number far surpassed other limited releases such as the Frank Langella-Peter Sarsgaard film, Robot & Frank, which opened in two theaters in New York and L.A. and grossed $38,234 (per theater average of $19,117).
And Compliance opened in only one theater, and grossed $16,000.
Were you among those who saw Cosmopolis – or plan to see it when it opens wide?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Paul Walker's Incredible Act Of Kindness
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement