Cosmopolis Tops Specialty Box Office
4:23 pm, August 19th, 2012
Although the film only played in three theaters in New York and L.A., Cosmopolis had a gross of $72,300 ($24,100 per theater), helping it top the specialty box office, with the best average of the weekend.
That number far surpassed other limited releases such as the Frank Langella-Peter Sarsgaard film, Robot & Frank, which opened in two theaters in New York and L.A. and grossed $38,234 (per theater average of $19,117).
And Compliance opened in only one theater, and grossed $16,000.
Were you among those who saw Cosmopolis – or plan to see it when it opens wide?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting