Cosmopolis Tops Specialty Box Office
4:23 pm, August 19th, 2012
Although the film only played in three theaters in New York and L.A., Cosmopolis had a gross of $72,300 ($24,100 per theater), helping it top the specialty box office, with the best average of the weekend.
That number far surpassed other limited releases such as the Frank Langella-Peter Sarsgaard film, Robot & Frank, which opened in two theaters in New York and L.A. and grossed $38,234 (per theater average of $19,117).
And Compliance opened in only one theater, and grossed $16,000.
Were you among those who saw Cosmopolis – or plan to see it when it opens wide?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Shirtless One Direction Members Announce Tour
- Keith Urban Doesn't Want To Leave Idol
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Kanye Warns Paparazzi While Out With Kim
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Mermaid Style: Jade Thirwall's Under The Sea Tee
- Ke$ha's Extremely Sloppy Set Look
- 11 Easy DIY Date Night Hairstyles