Cosmopolis Tops Specialty Box Office
4:23 pm, August 19th, 2012
Although the film only played in three theaters in New York and L.A., Cosmopolis had a gross of $72,300 ($24,100 per theater), helping it top the specialty box office, with the best average of the weekend.
That number far surpassed other limited releases such as the Frank Langella-Peter Sarsgaard film, Robot & Frank, which opened in two theaters in New York and L.A. and grossed $38,234 (per theater average of $19,117).
And Compliance opened in only one theater, and grossed $16,000.
Were you among those who saw Cosmopolis – or plan to see it when it opens wide?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents