Cory Monteith Enters Rehab for Substance Abuse
11:05 pm, March 31st, 2013
Cory Monteith has entered rehab for substance abuse, his rep confirms to Gossip Cop.
The “Glee” star “has voluntarily admitted himself into a treatment facility for substance addiction,” the rep tells us.
Adds his publicist, “He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery.”
Monteith’s struggles date back to his tween years, with the TV star revealing in a 2011 interview with Parade that he first started abusing drugs when he was 13.
An intervention staged by his mom at age 19 led Monteith, now 30, to his first stint in rehab for what he called an “out of control” drug habit.
The actor’s new treatment was first reported by People.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet