Cory Monteith Died After Shooting Heroin, Drinking Alcohol: Final Coroner’s Report
8:26 pm, October 2nd, 2013
According to the final coroner’s report, released on Wednesday, the “Glee” star was discovered in a Vancouver hotel room on July 13 with a used hypodermic needle, two empty champagne bottles, and drinking glasses.
The 31-year-old actor also had a spoon with drug residue on it.
“Mr. Monteith was found in a collapsed position the hotel room floor,” the report says. “It appeared that Mr. Monteith had been dead for several hours.”
Coroner Claire Thompson also says the death is being classified as “accidental,” the result of “mixed drug toxicity.”
The report notes that Monteith, who openly discussed his problems with substance abuse in the past, likely had a lower tolerance after being sober and abstaining from heroin on and off over the years, including in early 2013.
Next week, “Glee” will air its tribute episode to Monteith’s character, Finn Hudson.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship