Cory Monteith Died After Shooting Heroin, Drinking Alcohol: Final Coroner’s Report
8:26 pm, October 2nd, 2013
According to the final coroner’s report, released on Wednesday, the “Glee” star was discovered in a Vancouver hotel room on July 13 with a used hypodermic needle, two empty champagne bottles, and drinking glasses.
The 31-year-old actor also had a spoon with drug residue on it.
“Mr. Monteith was found in a collapsed position the hotel room floor,” the report says. “It appeared that Mr. Monteith had been dead for several hours.”
Coroner Claire Thompson also says the death is being classified as “accidental,” the result of “mixed drug toxicity.”
The report notes that Monteith, who openly discussed his problems with substance abuse in the past, likely had a lower tolerance after being sober and abstaining from heroin on and off over the years, including in early 2013.
Next week, “Glee” will air its tribute episode to Monteith’s character, Finn Hudson.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- 14 Iconic Hairstyles Made Popular By Celebrities
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody