Cory Monteith Died of “Heroin And Alcohol” – CORONER REPORT (VIDEO)
4:50 pm, July 16th, 2013VIDEO
The initial autopsy into the death of Cory Monteith was completed on Tuesday, and the preliminary results show that the “Glee” star died of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol,” says the British Columbia Coroners Service.
WATCH VIDEO BELOW
“Post-mortem testing, which included an autopsy and toxicological analysis, found that Mr. Monteith, aged 31, died of a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol,” reads the official report.
It continues, “Mr. Monteith was found deceased in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, shortly after noon on July 13. He had checked into the hotel on July 6 and had been expected to check out on the 13th. When he had not done so, hotel staff checked his room and found him deceased.”
“The investigation into this death by the BC Coroners Service is continuing, and no other details are available at this time. It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” says the coroner. “When the investigation is concluded, a Coroners Report will be issued.”
Monteith’s family was notified of the results ahead of the media.
Gossip Cop will continue to update as more information becomes available.
Below, coroner Barbara McLintock addresses the situation.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank