Cory Monteith Died of “Heroin And Alcohol” – CORONER REPORT (VIDEO)
4:50 pm, July 16th, 2013VIDEO
The initial autopsy into the death of Cory Monteith was completed on Tuesday, and the preliminary results show that the “Glee” star died of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol,” says the British Columbia Coroners Service.
WATCH VIDEO BELOW
“Post-mortem testing, which included an autopsy and toxicological analysis, found that Mr. Monteith, aged 31, died of a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol,” reads the official report.
It continues, “Mr. Monteith was found deceased in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, shortly after noon on July 13. He had checked into the hotel on July 6 and had been expected to check out on the 13th. When he had not done so, hotel staff checked his room and found him deceased.”
“The investigation into this death by the BC Coroners Service is continuing, and no other details are available at this time. It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” says the coroner. “When the investigation is concluded, a Coroners Report will be issued.”
Monteith’s family was notified of the results ahead of the media.
Gossip Cop will continue to update as more information becomes available.
Below, coroner Barbara McLintock addresses the situation.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- Match Up!: What Pup Belongs To Which Celeb?
- Mila Kunis Does Bridesmaid Duty For Her Brother
- Get Taylor Swift's Floral Frock For Less
- Is Katherine Heigl The Brattiest Celebrity?