Conrad Murray Charged with Michael Jackson Death; Expected to be Released on $75,000 Bail
6:03 pm, February 8th, 2010BREAKING!
He’ll be arraigned at 1:30PM Pacific time.
He’s expected to plead “not guilty.”
A conviction carries a maximum sentence of four years in prison.
Jackson died of cardiac arrest on June 25, 2009, under the controversial Murray’s care.
A just-released copy of the L.A. County Coroner’s report concludes that Propofol killed the entertainer. The “manner of death” is “homicide.”
Sealed until today, the report will be part of Dr. Murray’s prosecution.
UPDATE – 6:00PM –
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s website, Dr. Conrad Murray has been booked (officially), with bail set at $75,000.
Reportedly, a bail bondsman will put up the sum so Murray can be released.
This afternoon he pled not guilty to involuntary manslaughter charges.
The medical board has filed a motion to strip Murray of his medical license.
Sitting behind prosecutors in the courtroom were family members including Joe Jackson, Katherine Jackson, Tito Jackson, Jackie Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, LaToya Jackson, and Randy Jackson.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for updates…
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet