Conrad Murray Charged with Michael Jackson Death; Expected to be Released on $75,000 Bail
6:03 pm, February 8th, 2010BREAKING!
He’ll be arraigned at 1:30PM Pacific time.
He’s expected to plead “not guilty.”
A conviction carries a maximum sentence of four years in prison.
Jackson died of cardiac arrest on June 25, 2009, under the controversial Murray’s care.
A just-released copy of the L.A. County Coroner’s report concludes that Propofol killed the entertainer. The “manner of death” is “homicide.”
Sealed until today, the report will be part of Dr. Murray’s prosecution.
UPDATE – 6:00PM –
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s website, Dr. Conrad Murray has been booked (officially), with bail set at $75,000.
Reportedly, a bail bondsman will put up the sum so Murray can be released.
This afternoon he pled not guilty to involuntary manslaughter charges.
The medical board has filed a motion to strip Murray of his medical license.
Sitting behind prosecutors in the courtroom were family members including Joe Jackson, Katherine Jackson, Tito Jackson, Jackie Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, LaToya Jackson, and Randy Jackson.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for updates…
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?