Conan O’Brien offered Tony Awards host job
10:13 pm, March 28th, 2010
CBS offered Conan O’Brien the job of hosting this year’s Tony Awards, which take place in New York on June 13, confirms his rep to Gossip Cop.
The rep added that O’Brien “passed” on the gig.
However, sources say that because of O’Brien’s exit deal with NBC, which stipulated he can’t perform on TV until September 1 – in exchange for, among other things, the nearly $45 million payout he and his former “Tonight Show” staff received – the carrot-topped comedian was unable to accept.
And while O’Brien won’t host the awards which honor Broadway shows, he will himself be taking the stage with his “Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour,” beginning April 12 in Eugene, Oregon.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- The Best Celebrity Hairstyles
- Shonda Rhimes Says She Didn't Adopt Third Child
- Amy Poehler & Nick Kroll Are Stylish Sweethearts
- The One Movie Ben Affleck Still Regrets
- The Ultimate Guide To Taylor Swifts Celebrity Feuds