WATCH: Conan O’Brien “Buys” Mashable in April Fools’ Day Gag
11:57 am, April 1st, 2012VIDEO
Conan O’Brien announced early on Sunday that he had just bought Mashable, and kicked out its CEO Pete Cashmore.
In an April Fools’ Day video, O’Brien explains that he purchased Mashable because he’s “sick and tired of scanning the Internet looking for any news about technology: Devices, gadgets, what’s coming up, maybe even a rating system for gadgets that are out there. It doesn’t exist on the web and it’s high time it did.”
Actually, that’s exactly what Mashable does.
He further notes that he checked out Mashable, saw ”the atrocious job they’re doing, so I decided it’s time for me to take it over.”
In O’Brien’s prank, he promises “there’s going to be a lot of changes around here, so stay tuned, ’cause I’m in charge now.”
Mashable, of course, partnered with the talk-show host on the joke, letting O’Brien take over the site’s content and even features a photo of him — in place of Cashmore — on its Twitter page.
Check out the video below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- What Does Ariana Grande's Tattoo Mean To Her?
- Freaky Faces: 25 Celebrities Without Eyebrows
- Cutest Couple: Emily Blunt And John Krasinki