CLAIM: Drunk Colin Firth Leaves BAFTA at Bar
2:10 pm, February 15th, 2011
According to a rapidly spreading rumor, Colin Firth enjoyed his BAFTA win for “The King’s Speech” a little too much over the weekend.
The Daily Star reports that “King of Boozers” Firth “drank so much champagne” at the event, he “left his iconic award on the bar as he staggered off home.”
Firth’s “minder” then allegedly had to run back and get it.
A number of outlets, including PopEater and OK!, picked up the story of the forgotten BAFTA statuette… but forgot to find out whether it was accurate.
A rep for the actor tells Gossip Cop the report is simply “not true.”
In all fairness, it’s not like the Daily Star has a ton of experience taking home trophies.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Fred Armisen Gives Heartfelt Farewell To SNL
- Bodysuit Babe: Perrie Edwards
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related