CLAIM: Drunk Colin Firth Leaves BAFTA at Bar
2:10 pm, February 15th, 2011
According to a rapidly spreading rumor, Colin Firth enjoyed his BAFTA win for “The King’s Speech” a little too much over the weekend.
The Daily Star reports that “King of Boozers” Firth “drank so much champagne” at the event, he “left his iconic award on the bar as he staggered off home.”
Firth’s “minder” then allegedly had to run back and get it.
A number of outlets, including PopEater and OK!, picked up the story of the forgotten BAFTA statuette… but forgot to find out whether it was accurate.
A rep for the actor tells Gossip Cop the report is simply “not true.”
In all fairness, it’s not like the Daily Star has a ton of experience taking home trophies.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs