Clive Davis Comes Out As Bisexual
9:40 am, February 19th, 2013
Clive Davis confirms his bisexuality for the first time in a new memoir.
The legendary music executive’s “The Soundtrack of My Life” reveals that he had his first sexual encounter with a man during the “era of Studio 54.”
“On this night, after imbibing enough alcohol, I was open to responding to his sexual overtures,” writes the twice-married Davis of his experience, describing it as “welcome relief.”
Davis and his second wife split in 1985 after “soul searching and self-analysis,” and he writes that he entered into simultaneous longterm relationships with two women and a man before becoming monogamous with an unnamed male doctor in 1990.
For the last seven years, he has been in a relationship with a different unidentified male companion.
“Bisexuality is misunderstood; the adage is that you’re either straight or gay or lying, but that’s not my experience,” says Davis. “To call me anything other than bisexual would be inaccurate.”
Most of “The Soundtrack of My Life” details his decades-long career in the recording industry, where he’s impacted everyone from Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen to Kelly Clarkson and Alicia Keys.
An entire chapter is devoted to his work with the late Whitney Houston, with whom Davis was particularly close.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn's Bitter Custody Battle with Jo
- Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville's Over-the-Top Passive Aggressive Posts
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Both Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian's Homes Robbed!
- Khloe Kardashian to Make Bieber's Party Pad Her Own