Oscar Winner Cliff Robertson Dies at 88
9:49 pm, September 10th, 2011
Cliff Robertson, whose film career spanned from the 1950s until just a few years ago, has died of natural causes.
The stage, TV and film actor won an Academy Award in 1968 for his portrayal of a mentally disabled man in Charly.
Younger audiences would remember Robertson as Peter Parker’s kind Uncle Ben in the first three Spider-Man movies.
Notably, Robertson played a young John F. Kennedy in the World War II film, PT 109, which came out while Kennedy was in the White House.
Robertson, whose birthday was yesterday, was 88.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Celebs Who Hate Each Other
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Who's Ashanti's New NFL Baller Boyfriend?
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Advice Us Parents Wish We Could Give These Celebs