Oscar Winner Cliff Robertson Dies at 88
9:49 pm, September 10th, 2011
Cliff Robertson, whose film career spanned from the 1950s until just a few years ago, has died of natural causes.
The stage, TV and film actor won an Academy Award in 1968 for his portrayal of a mentally disabled man in Charly.
Younger audiences would remember Robertson as Peter Parker’s kind Uncle Ben in the first three Spider-Man movies.
Notably, Robertson played a young John F. Kennedy in the World War II film, PT 109, which came out while Kennedy was in the White House.
Robertson, whose birthday was yesterday, was 88.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Bethenny and Jason Hoppy's Daughter Ordered To Undergo Evaluation
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties