MAG: Claire Danes “Quitting” Homeland to Be a “Full-Time Mom”
9:10 am, January 3rd, 2013
Is “Homeland” losing its lead actress?
According to the National Enquirer, Claire Danes — who won an Emmy in September for her role on the hit Showtime series — is “secretly planning to leave the show after next season to be a full-time mom!”
“Claire has finally discovered the one thing she loves more than acting — being a mom,” a so-called “insider” tells the magazine.
The source explains, “Before [her son] Cyrus was born, Claire would have never thought about giving up her role on ‘Homeland’ because she thought she’d be able to juggle her job with being a mom.”
“But now she doesn’t want to leave her son,” claims the tipster, who alleges that Danes is “quitting” the show.
The Enquirer (conveniently) says that Danes’ supposed departure is still a ways off, alleging that “when executives learned Claire might walk, they doubled her salary to $220,000 as an inducement to stay for the upcoming [third] season.”
Still, the mag goes on to note that “despite the hefty pay raise, ‘Claire is having regrets about signing on for another season.’”
And even though Danes allegedly knows there’ll “very likely” be “another huge pay raise” for season 4, the insider claims “she’s still leaning towards leaving.”
So, to recap: the Enquirer says Danes is “quitting” “Homeland” more than a year from now, but then says, depending on the pay raise, she’s only leaning towards leaving.
In other words, the tabloid doesn’t have any clue as to what Danes may or may not do with her career, and is merely speculating for the sake of a sensational headline.
Gossip Cop, however, looked into the Enquirer’s claim, and a source close to Danes tells us the story is absolutely “not true.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired