CLAIM: Cissy Houston Skipped Grammy Tribute Because of Bobbi Kristina “Feud”
11:13 am, October 17th, 2012
The webloid, which wrongly claimed earlier this month that Bobbi Kristina is “estranged” from the family, is now picking up a National Enquirer report about last week’s Grammy tribute to Whitney Houston, and using it as further fodder to allege family strife.
According to RadarOnline, “The mother of the late Whitney Houston was so enraged with Bobbi Kristina Brown’s plans to wed ‘adopted brother’ Nick Gordon she snubbed a star-studded tribute for the I Will Always Love You singer.”
The site goes on to claim that Cissy “refused to attend the Grammys’ Final salute for Whitney on October 11 at L.A.’s Nokia Theatre because Bobbi Kristina and Nick were scheduled to attend.”
A so-called “source” is quoted by the webloid as lso saying that Cissy allegedly “really wanted to be there for Whitney, but she’s just too angry with Bobbi Kristina right now.”
“Cissy and her oldest son Gary couldn’t stomach sitting next to Bobbi Kristina and Nick,” claims the supposed insider.
It’s all NOT TRUE.
Had RadarOnline and the National Enquirer bothered to fact-check the story before running with it, they might have uncovered — as Gossip Cop did – the real reason Cissy wasn’t in attendance.
A source close to the Houstons tells Gossip Cop that, at 80 years old, Cissy — who is based in Atlanta — doesn’t travel much anymore, and a cross-country trip wasn’t an option at this time.
A second source reiterates to us that there’s “no truth” to the outlets’ claims, adding that it’s just more manufactured drama.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting