Cissy Houston: I “Don’t Blame” Bobby Brown for Whitney’s Death (VIDEO)
10:42 am, January 28th, 2013VIDEO
“Good mothers and good fathers and good families don’t always have great children,” the matriarch said on Monday’s “Today Show.”
Appearing on the show to discuss her new memoir, Whitney: My Story of Love, Loss, and the Night the Music Stopped, Cissy explained, “It’s all [the children's] responsibility when they get to a certain age to choose their way.”
“She was taught,” Cissy said. “She knew her way.”
Houston was 48 when she was found dead last February at the Beverly Hilton Hotel the night before the Grammy Awards.
It was later determined she died from an accidental drowning, although cocaine use was deemed a contributing factor.
When asked about Bobby Brown’s possible negative influence on her daughter, Cissy was largely dismissive.
“I know he didn’t help her. I don’t blame him,” she said, adding, ”Everybody is responsible for their own actions up to a point. She was raised, she knew better, and whatever took her to that position, I really don’t know.”
Cissy also opened up about her own relationship with Whitney, and coming to terms with her tragic death.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties