Chynna Phillips has returned home from rehab
4:48 pm, February 27th, 2010
A rep confirms to Gossip Cop that Chynna Phillips returned home yesterday from rehab, where she was dealing with anxiety.
“She’s home and doing great,” says Phillips’ rep, adding that the singer is celebrating her daughter Jamison‘s 10th birthday today. (Jamison is Phillips’ and Billy Baldwin‘s oldest child.)
Last year, Phillips’ half-sister Mackenzie Phillips claimed to have a longstanding sexual relationship with their father, John Phillips of The Mamas and The Papas. Chynna publicly supported Mackenzie while appearing on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
A little less than two weeks ago when Chynna Phillips checked into rehab, a source close to her told Gossip Cop she’s been “having a hard time since the summer, since [Mackenzie's] book came out.” The source added, “It’s been tough on her.” Gossip Cop was further told, “She’s really depressed,” and went to rehab “to figure out things” while receiving help for anxiety.
The same source explained Phillips “has a big heart” and was “trying to do the right thing” for her half-sister, but in retrospect felt some of what she said in support of Mackenzie wasn’t consistent with her thoughts on the matter.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for the latest in accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Drake Covers GQ Talks On Chris Brown
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- Measuring Rihanna's Success (By Volume)
- Jesus vs. Yeezus: Comparing the Almighty Figures
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related