Chynna Phillips has returned home from rehab
4:48 pm, February 27th, 2010
A rep confirms to Gossip Cop that Chynna Phillips returned home yesterday from rehab, where she was dealing with anxiety.
“She’s home and doing great,” says Phillips’ rep, adding that the singer is celebrating her daughter Jamison‘s 10th birthday today. (Jamison is Phillips’ and Billy Baldwin‘s oldest child.)
Last year, Phillips’ half-sister Mackenzie Phillips claimed to have a longstanding sexual relationship with their father, John Phillips of The Mamas and The Papas. Chynna publicly supported Mackenzie while appearing on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
A little less than two weeks ago when Chynna Phillips checked into rehab, a source close to her told Gossip Cop she’s been “having a hard time since the summer, since [Mackenzie's] book came out.” The source added, “It’s been tough on her.” Gossip Cop was further told, “She’s really depressed,” and went to rehab “to figure out things” while receiving help for anxiety.
The same source explained Phillips “has a big heart” and was “trying to do the right thing” for her half-sister, but in retrospect felt some of what she said in support of Mackenzie wasn’t consistent with her thoughts on the matter.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for the latest in accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?