Christopher Chaney Arrested For Hacking Dozens Of Celebs’ Private Email
2:26 pm, October 12th, 2011
Christopher Chaney was arrested this morning, accused of hacking dozens of celebrities’ personal email accounts.
The FBI’s “Operation Hackerazzi” busted the 35-year-old from Jacksonville, Florida, who’s been charged with crimes including accessing protected computers without authorization, damaging protected computers without authorization, wiretapping and aggravated identity theft.
Nude photos were among the illegally obtained content.
In all, more than 50 victims have been identified.
Investigators believe that Chaney mined publicly available sources for data about his victims before gaining control of their email accounts.
The FBI says he probably got to new victims by accessing address books in computers he already breached.
Chaney appeared before a judge and was later released on $10,000 bond, but has to adhere to a slew of conditions.
Among the stipulations are that Chaney has severe travel restrictions, must live with a third party (like his folks), and cannot have any access to a computer or other device with Internet access.
If convicted on all counts, Chaney could face up to 121 years in federal prison.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Kristen Stewart & Rob Pattinson: 100% Together, Possibly Eloping?!
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Khloe Kardashian Gives Selfie Advice
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now