Christopher Abbott Abruptly Leaves Girls
11:06 am, April 4th, 2013
Charlie and Marnie are over — again.
Christopher Abbott, who plays Charlie on HBO’s “Girls,” has abruptly left the show.
The actor’s rep tells the New York Post, “[Chris] is grateful for the experience of collaborating with Lena, Judd [Apatow], and the entire ‘Girls’ cast and crew, but right now he’s working on numerous other projects and has decided not to return to the show.”
The paper says Abbott butted heads with Dunham about the show’s direction.
His departure comes as a shock as his character reconciled with Allison Williams’ Marnie on the season two finale.
Gossip Cop has reached out to reps for Abbott and Dunham for more details.
Are you sad Charlie is leaving “Girls”?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship