Christopher Abbott Abruptly Leaves Girls
11:06 am, April 4th, 2013
Charlie and Marnie are over — again.
Christopher Abbott, who plays Charlie on HBO’s “Girls,” has abruptly left the show.
The actor’s rep tells the New York Post, “[Chris] is grateful for the experience of collaborating with Lena, Judd [Apatow], and the entire ‘Girls’ cast and crew, but right now he’s working on numerous other projects and has decided not to return to the show.”
The paper says Abbott butted heads with Dunham about the show’s direction.
His departure comes as a shock as his character reconciled with Allison Williams’ Marnie on the season two finale.
Gossip Cop has reached out to reps for Abbott and Dunham for more details.
Are you sad Charlie is leaving “Girls”?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Pamela Anderson Debuts Super Short Haircut