Christopher Abbott Abruptly Leaves Girls
11:06 am, April 4th, 2013
Charlie and Marnie are over — again.
Christopher Abbott, who plays Charlie on HBO’s “Girls,” has abruptly left the show.
The actor’s rep tells the New York Post, “[Chris] is grateful for the experience of collaborating with Lena, Judd [Apatow], and the entire ‘Girls’ cast and crew, but right now he’s working on numerous other projects and has decided not to return to the show.”
The paper says Abbott butted heads with Dunham about the show’s direction.
His departure comes as a shock as his character reconciled with Allison Williams’ Marnie on the season two finale.
Gossip Cop has reached out to reps for Abbott and Dunham for more details.
Are you sad Charlie is leaving “Girls”?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank