Les Misérables Leads Christmas Day Box Office; Django Unchained Strong #2
1:52 pm, December 26th, 2012BOX OFFICE
Les Misérables topped the Christmas Day box office, earning approximately $18 million to lead the holiday pack.
The much-anticipated musical adaptation, starring Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway, outperformed expectations, as did Django Unchained, the slavery-era revenge epic from director Quentin Tarantino.
That film, featuring Jamie Foxx and Leonardo DiCaprio, hit the $15 million mark to debut at #2.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, the last two weeks’ box office champ, was down to #3 on Christmas Day, taking in just under $11 million.
It remains to be seen whether the Top 3 will stay in this order through the weekend and New Year’s holiday period.
The new Billy Crystal-Bette Midler family comedy Parental Guidance was fourth on Christmas ($7 million), followed by holdovers Jack Reacher ($5 million) and This Is 40 ($4 million).
Gossip Cop will have the regular weekend box office report on Saturday.
What are you seeing over the holidays?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party