Les Misérables Leads Christmas Day Box Office; Django Unchained Strong #2
1:52 pm, December 26th, 2012BOX OFFICE
Les Misérables topped the Christmas Day box office, earning approximately $18 million to lead the holiday pack.
The much-anticipated musical adaptation, starring Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway, outperformed expectations, as did Django Unchained, the slavery-era revenge epic from director Quentin Tarantino.
That film, featuring Jamie Foxx and Leonardo DiCaprio, hit the $15 million mark to debut at #2.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, the last two weeks’ box office champ, was down to #3 on Christmas Day, taking in just under $11 million.
It remains to be seen whether the Top 3 will stay in this order through the weekend and New Year’s holiday period.
The new Billy Crystal-Bette Midler family comedy Parental Guidance was fourth on Christmas ($7 million), followed by holdovers Jack Reacher ($5 million) and This Is 40 ($4 million).
Gossip Cop will have the regular weekend box office report on Saturday.
What are you seeing over the holidays?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?