Christina Applegate Blasts Paparazzi: “Taking Pics of Kids Is Sick!”
10:04 am, August 24th, 2012
Christina Applegate had some harsh words for the paparazzi — and the celebrities who encourage them — on Twitter early Friday morning.
The “Up All Night” star revealed an outing with her year-and-a-half-old daughter Sadie turned downright scary after they found themselves surrounded by photographers.
Applegate began, “I want my daughter to live a normal life. I want her to feel free to be who she wants, so paparazzi stop taking pics of her! Enough.”
She went on to sympathize with the family of the late Michael Jackson, whose kids have been endlessly hounded by the tabloid media.
“It’s times like these where I understand why Michael Jackson had his kids covered they were able to be anonymous until they decided to be public,” Applegate wrote, adding, “We need a law against this! Taking pics of kids is sick!”
The actress continued, “When I chose to be an actor we didn’t have paparazzi. We excelled on the merit of our work, not by what gown we were wearing.”
An admittedly “p*ssed” Applegate then called out “those who use paparazzi to further their careers,” saying such stars “are going to have a rude awakening when their talent doesn’t get them anywhere.”
“When I chose to be an actor we didn’t have celebrities. We had actors,” she explained. “Not people who wanted fame. I blame those people who need fame.”
Applegate then reiterated her main point: “Just imagine for one second you having fun with ur kid in the park and a bunch of a holes start surrounding you and freaking ur kid out.”
In 2010, then-California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a bill cracking down on paparazzi who are reckless in their pursuit of celebrities.
Obviously, there is still a long way to go.
What do you think of Applegate’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court