Christina Aguilera: Tabloids Are “Trash,” Blogs Make “Everyone A Critic”
11:26 pm, October 25th, 2012
Christina Aguilera lashed out at the tabloid media and slammed the increase of hateful, anonymous blogs at the Billboard/Hollywood Reporter Film, TV and Music Conference on Thursday.
“The Voice” coach and performer said she’s been able to successfully balance both her career and her personal life by avoiding what she calls the “trash” on the Internet and in magazines.
Aguilera explained, “I’m a mother. I’m a businesswoman. I have a zillion and one things going on in my head, on my plate, creatively. I put my son to bed then I go right into my backyard, which is my studio house. It’s a lot.”
“I really truly don’t have time for the static noise. It’s just not real,” she continued. “They’re not real magazines. It’s trash. It’s rumors.”
Referring to online bloggers, Aguilera said that “now everyone is a critic” — not that she pays any attention to what’s being written.
“I don’t read blogs. It’s just God-knows-who in Buttf**k wherever writing hate sh*t,” she told the audience.
The singer added, “You can’t take it seriously. I’m sure you’ve all been hated on at some point by buttf**k people.”
Aguilera also explained how she’s carefully crafted her image in order to survive in what’s often described as a cutthroat industry.
“It’s hard being such a powerful woman in the business. I’m known for not always being warm and fuzzy, because you’ll just get bulldozed over. You learn to put up this little protective shield, but it’s because of something,” she said.
Continued Aguilera, “In my music, I come off as being very open about being insecure, vulnerable and sensitive sometimes. Then I’ll go onstage and be this powerhouse force to be reckoned with. It’s all about that balance.”
“My publicist will tell you, I don’t want to hear the good or the bad,” the “Your Body” songstress added. “I don’t want to believe my own hype. I want to stay hungry and stay eager and be the best that I can be.”
What do you think of Aguilera’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Beautiful Celebs In Their Favorite Designer Bikinis
- You'll Never Guess Who Inspired Charlize Theron's Oscars Makeup
- A Baby On the Way for Scarlett Johansson?
- Julia Roberts Accused of Bullying Recently Deceased Half-Sister
- Mel Gibson's Baby Momma Files Bankruptcy
- Why Did Brandy End Her Engagement?
- Jada Pinkett Smith Brags About Packing On the Pounds
- Co-Parenting Done Right: Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie's Modern Family
- Dr. Oz's Daughter Daphne Oz Welcomes a Daughter!
- Inspirational Gay Actors That Put Negative Stereotypes to Shame