Christina Aguilera Apologizes for Star-Mangled Banner
12:01 pm, February 7th, 2011
At one point while singing the Star-Spangled banner, Aguilera belted out the words, ”what so proudly we watched,” rather than the actual lyrics, “o’er the ramparts we watched.”
Afterwards, Aguilera explained in a statement: “I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place.”
“I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through,” she added.
What do you think about Aguilera’s gaffe?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank