Christina Aguilera Apologizes for Star-Mangled Banner
12:01 pm, February 7th, 2011
At one point while singing the Star-Spangled banner, Aguilera belted out the words, ”what so proudly we watched,” rather than the actual lyrics, “o’er the ramparts we watched.”
Afterwards, Aguilera explained in a statement: “I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place.”
“I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through,” she added.
What do you think about Aguilera’s gaffe?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss