Christina Aguilera Apologizes for Star-Mangled Banner
12:01 pm, February 7th, 2011
At one point while singing the Star-Spangled banner, Aguilera belted out the words, ”what so proudly we watched,” rather than the actual lyrics, “o’er the ramparts we watched.”
Afterwards, Aguilera explained in a statement: “I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place.”
“I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through,” she added.
What do you think about Aguilera’s gaffe?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Jack McBrayer Talks Life After "30 Rock"
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Celebrity Hair Influences Of 2013