Christie Brinkley & Peter Cook – The Truth Behind Their Battle
6:10 pm, October 8th, 2009
Christie Brinkley and her ex Peter Cook were back in court yesterday, as widely reported. But there have been MANY misconceptions and inaccuracies about their contentions. Thanks to some very well-placed sources, Gossip Cop is here to separate what’s right and what’s wrong in the courtroom coverage.
- The notion that Brinkley and Cook “want each other in jail” is a fabrication.
The New York Post writes, “Christie Brinkley and Peter Cook finally agree on something — they each think the other should be behind bars.” Not true. Neither really wants the other to go to jail. Both parties would like to see the other held in contempt of court, which, technically speaking, results in imprisonment and/or a fine. Gossip Cop hears the latter is perfectly “fine” with both.
- Allegations that Brinkley has tried to sabotage Cook’s relationship with son Jack are rooted in misunderstanding.
Cook, who set off the divorce and its subsequent battles by having an affair with a then-teenaged Diana Bianchi, claims Brinkley is trying to ruin his relationship with son Jack. As the Post reports, Brinkley “failed to hand over Jack’s passport in time for him to go on a school trip to Egypt chaperoned by his dad.” That, Cook’s side said, caused them to miss the trip.
Gossip Cop has the real story. What actually happened was that the mom of Mindy Moak, a very close friend of Brinkley’s, had died, and so the supermodel asked Cook to come over to her place – about 10 minutes away from his own home – to pick up the passport. Instead, “he refused,” said an insider. She did, however, have one of her staffers leave the passport for Cook in his mailbox with “plenty of time” to still catch the flight, says the source.
Cook is also asking the court for additional time with Jack because of the trip fiasco, but Gossip Cop hears that when someone from the court asked the 14-year-old boy, he said “no” to more time with Cook.
- Cook has violated the couple’s settlement in two specific ways, according to Brinkley’s camp.
Brinkley also contends that Cook disregarded their settlement agreement by allowing his girlfriend Suzanne Shaw to spend time with their kids on their boat “Sweet Freedom,” which the settlement deemed was to be sold. A couple of things here: One, not only does Gossip Cop know for a fact that he had Shaw on the boat with the kids, but we also hear that Cook then told the kids to tell their mom that Shaw wasn’t. And two, the boat has yet to be sold, as per the agreement. Brinkley has pledged to give her proceeds from the sale to a domestic violence organization in East Hampton, NY.
The ex spouses are due back in court next Tuesday, and Gossip Cop will be on the beat to provide you with the most accurate inner workings of the case.
Follow us on Twitter – @GossipCop – for all the latest.
You might like:
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Rihanna Visits Chris Brown In Anger Management?
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair