Christie Brinkley and Peter Cook Reach Out-of-Court Settlement
4:25 pm, June 25th, 2012
The two parties struck a deal at the last minute, before a potentially ugly trial was set to begin on Tuesday.
Brinkley revealed the settlement in a Facebook post on Monday afternoon.
She wrote, “In a late night settlement, I finally won the right to establish boundaries with provisions such as an intermediary to deal with email bullying, verbal and emotional abuse.”
Brinkley continues, “I am hopeful the steps taken will now protect my Constitutional right to quiet enjoyment and peace and serve as a template for the courts to help others avoid the lengthy trials and tribulations that cost taxpayers money, and at a cost to families that CAN be calculated in dollars. But its the emotional toll which can only be measured in tears that must be considered by the courts and media alike.”
The supermodel called her ordeal with Cook an “odyssey of frustration.”
It also seeks to put an end to the bitter feuding between Brinkley and Cook with a “no verbal contact” clause.
The settlement provides for an intermediary to monitor communications and levy a fine for future violations.
We’re told Cook has been forced to pay his child support arrears.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank