Christie Brinkley and Peter Cook Reach Out-of-Court Settlement
4:25 pm, June 25th, 2012
The two parties struck a deal at the last minute, before a potentially ugly trial was set to begin on Tuesday.
Brinkley revealed the settlement in a Facebook post on Monday afternoon.
She wrote, “In a late night settlement, I finally won the right to establish boundaries with provisions such as an intermediary to deal with email bullying, verbal and emotional abuse.”
Brinkley continues, “I am hopeful the steps taken will now protect my Constitutional right to quiet enjoyment and peace and serve as a template for the courts to help others avoid the lengthy trials and tribulations that cost taxpayers money, and at a cost to families that CAN be calculated in dollars. But its the emotional toll which can only be measured in tears that must be considered by the courts and media alike.”
The supermodel called her ordeal with Cook an “odyssey of frustration.”
It also seeks to put an end to the bitter feuding between Brinkley and Cook with a “no verbal contact” clause.
The settlement provides for an intermediary to monitor communications and levy a fine for future violations.
We’re told Cook has been forced to pay his child support arrears.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Paul Walker's Incredible Act Of Kindness
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement