Christian Bale Scuffles with Guards While Trying to Meet Chinese Activist (VIDEO)
7:21 pm, December 15th, 2011VIDEO
Christian Bale wound up in a scuffle and car chase with Chinese guards after trying to meet with Chen Guangcheng, a blind human rights activist who’s been detained in his home for more than a year.
The actor was approached at a checkpoint near the village of Dongshigu by several men, who pushed away Bale and the CNN camera crew accompanying him.
Bale can be seen expressing (through a translator) his desire to visit Chen, but he and his group are violently turned away.
After the Dark Knight star gets into a vehicle to leave, he is then pursued by a van of guards.
Bale is in the country to promote The Flowers of War, his new film set in 1930s China.
A rep for Bale tells Gossip Cop he was moved by Chen’s story and wanted “to make inroads.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?