Christian Bale Scuffles with Guards While Trying to Meet Chinese Activist (VIDEO)
7:21 pm, December 15th, 2011VIDEO
Christian Bale wound up in a scuffle and car chase with Chinese guards after trying to meet with Chen Guangcheng, a blind human rights activist who’s been detained in his home for more than a year.
The actor was approached at a checkpoint near the village of Dongshigu by several men, who pushed away Bale and the CNN camera crew accompanying him.
Bale can be seen expressing (through a translator) his desire to visit Chen, but he and his group are violently turned away.
After the Dark Knight star gets into a vehicle to leave, he is then pursued by a van of guards.
Bale is in the country to promote The Flowers of War, his new film set in 1930s China.
A rep for Bale tells Gossip Cop he was moved by Chen’s story and wanted “to make inroads.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Jay-Z Needs To Work On His Picture Face
- Lindsay Lohan Soaks Up Some Florida Sun
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!