Chris Kyle, Retired Navy SEAL of NBC’s Stars Earn Stripes, Shot to Death in Texas
12:23 pm, February 3rd, 2013
Chris Kyle, the retired Navy SEAL who wrote the bestseller “American Sniper” and appeared on the NBC show “Stars Earn Stripes,” was shot to death near Glen Rose, Texas on Saturday.
A legendary long-range marksman who served in Iraq with the Navy SEALS, Kyle was killed at the Rough Creek Lodge shooting range by 25-year-old Iraq and Afghanistan vet Eddie Ray Routh.
Routh was arrested a short time later, and is being questioned as to why he killed the decorated Navy SEAL.
Kyle was credited with having the most kills in U.S. military history.
Dean Cain, who competed in “Stars Earn Stripes,” tweeted, “2013 started out fantastic…Now it’s a heartbreak. #SadDay.”
And Sarah Palin wrote on Facebook: “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and many friends of former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle tonight. Todd and I first met Chris in Pella, Iowa, when he helped out with security for the premiere of the film “The Undefeated.” And later we became friends with Chris when he was on ‘Stars Earn Stripes’ with Todd. Chris was a wonderful man, a good friend, and a true American hero who loved our country and served honorably. He was loved and admired by so many, and he will never be forgotten.”
Kyle leaves behind a wife and two children.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- What Are Celebs Saying About The Grammy Nominations?
- 13 Most Surprising Celebrity Couples
- Kelly Rowland Addresses Engagement Rumors
- Macaulay Culkin's Band Is Kind Of Amazing
- Where Did Jim Carrey Get His Comedic Roots?
- '90s Hairstyles We Thought Were Absolutely Cool
- Best Halloween Costumes In Hollywood
- Gisele Bundchen's Glam Breastfeeding Photo
- Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disick's Crazy College Party