Chris Christie Fires Back at Snooki: “She Lives in New York, She Can’t Vote For Me”
1:11 pm, February 4th, 2012
Last September, New Jersey’s governor blocked a $420,000 tax credit for “Jersey Shore” producers, saying the show “does nothing more than perpetuate misconceptions about the state and its citizens.”
Earlier this week, Snooki ranted about Christie on Twitter, declaring that she’d never vote for him.
At a biotechnology industry dinner on Thursday, the governor fired back.
“You see, this further reinforces my concern about these people,” said Christie. “She lives in New York. She can’t vote for me.”
Christie said he didn’t want to hurt Snooki’s feelings, but added, “I tell [Andrew Cuomo, New York's governor] all the time you can have them back.”
“You will not be shocked to know that he has not sent a car yet, for Snooki or JWoww or The Situation,” said the politician.
He also talked about how shows like “Jersey Shore” harm the state’ image.
“For far too long over the last decade, New Jersey was more of a punchline on the late-night talk shows and other places, right?” asked Christie. “You know, ‘The Sopranos,’ Real Housewives of New Jersey.’ God forbid, ‘Jersey Shore.’”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- 13 Most Surprising Celebrity Couples
- A$AP Rocky & His Supermodel Girlfriend Get Fancy
- 30 Scientologists You'll Probably Recognize
- Macaulay Culkin's Band Is Kind Of Amazing
- Bethenny Frankel On Getting Talk Show Guests to Open Up
- Is Blake Lively Trying To Revive Her Career?
- Kelly Rowland Addresses Engagement Rumors
- Did Kendall Jenner Have Plastic Surgery?
- Famous Left Handers