Chris Brown Turns Himself Into Jail For Hit-And-Run Case: Report
10:28 pm, August 5th, 2013
Chris Brown went to jail on Monday, turning himself in as part of the ongoing hit-and-run case against him.
The singer had previously pleaded not guilty to the charge, and since he wasn’t arrested at the scene of the alleged crime in May, he was ordered to turn himself in by August 6.
Now, one day ahead of schedule, Brown went to a Van Nuys, Calif. jail, where he was booked and released after about 45 minutes on his recognizance, reports TMZ.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the star’s probation was revoked last month after the L.A. District Attorney claimed he violated his probation after the alleged hit-and-run, during which he supposedly didn’t hand over proper driver’s license and insurance information to the other motorist.
His next court date for the hit-and-run case is slated for August 15, and he’ll also have to appear on another date for a probation violating hearing.
Brown, whose probation stems from his infamous assault on Rihanna, has repeatedly contended he presented the other driver with valid documentation, and did not violate the law.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court