Chris Brown Turns Himself Into Jail For Hit-And-Run Case: Report
10:28 pm, August 5th, 2013
Chris Brown went to jail on Monday, turning himself in as part of the ongoing hit-and-run case against him.
The singer had previously pleaded not guilty to the charge, and since he wasn’t arrested at the scene of the alleged crime in May, he was ordered to turn himself in by August 6.
Now, one day ahead of schedule, Brown went to a Van Nuys, Calif. jail, where he was booked and released after about 45 minutes on his recognizance, reports TMZ.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the star’s probation was revoked last month after the L.A. District Attorney claimed he violated his probation after the alleged hit-and-run, during which he supposedly didn’t hand over proper driver’s license and insurance information to the other motorist.
His next court date for the hit-and-run case is slated for August 15, and he’ll also have to appear on another date for a probation violating hearing.
Brown, whose probation stems from his infamous assault on Rihanna, has repeatedly contended he presented the other driver with valid documentation, and did not violate the law.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z