Chris Brown Will Not Be Charged In Alleged Cell Phone Swipe
3:24 pm, November 30th, 2012
Chris Brown will not be prosecuted for allegedly snatching a woman’s cell phone outside a Miami club last February.
Christal Spann had accused the singer of grabbing her iPhone as she tried to snap pictures of him as he was driven away from Cameo, telling police that Brown “reached through his car window and snatched her phone from her hands.”
The police report at the time cited Brown for supposed “robbery by sudden snatching,” and had he been prosecuted on the charge, it could have meant a probation violation.
But on Friday, the Miami-Dade State Attorney announced that an investigation produced insufficient evidence for pursuing criminal action against Brown.
Authorities say they were unable to establish that Brown had taken the phone or tried to forcibly delete any photos from the device.
At least one of those scenarios would have had to have happened for Brown to be charged with robbery or theft.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?