Chris Brown Announces “Retirement” at BET Awards?
11:16 pm, July 1st, 2012EXCLUSIVE
“Chris Brown At BET Awards: Fortune Is My ‘Last Album’” reads a headline on MTV.com, which goes on to claim that Brown dropped “a bomb” while accepting the award for Best Male R&B Artist at Sunday’s show.
According to the site, Brown “surprisingly revealed in his acceptance speech that his next album will be his last.”
MTV then quotes Brown as saying, “I’d like to thank Team Breezy, everybody who worked on any one of my albums. My last album that’s coming out in two days… I just want to thank all my fans. It’s dedicated to y’all. This one’s for y’all; man, I appreciate everything.”
The music site notes that it’s “unclear where Brown’s self-imposed early retirement is coming from,” but goes on to to speculate that “his rocky relationship with the media and any criticism toward him from his detractors” may be playing a role.
Or, “perhaps his latest brush with controversy, a reported brawl with Drake’s crew at an NYC nightclub a couple of weeks ago, pushed him over the edge,” suggests MTV.
Actually, NOTHING pushed Brown over the edge — because he’s NOT retiring.
A rep for the singer tells Gossip Cop exclusively that Brown simply meant Fortune is his current album, not his last one ever.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Miley's Jersey And Platforms Look: Fail?
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Scandalous Dancing With the Stars' Hookups
- Megan Fox is Going Bald
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- 10 Most Shocking And Disturbing Celebrity Couples
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look