Chris Brown Identifies with Trayvon Martin, Says Jay Z “Gets A Pass” For Stabbing Someone and Selling Drugs
1:14 pm, September 20th, 2013
The singer-dancer tells the magazine, “I identify with Trayvon 100 percent as far as living in 2013 and still dealing with blatant racism.”
“This generation is so used to racism that it’s normal; we don’t care. We aren’t on drugs or catching AIDS, but they still look at us as ni**as,” explains Brown.
As for his bad reputation, the performer makes an interesting comparison.
“No disrespect, because I’m a fan, but nobody brings up the fact that [Jay Z] stabbed somebody and sold drugs,” observes Brown. “He gets a pass.”
What about Brown’s well-documented issues with anger?
He tells JET, “You have to go through the struggle before you can get to the good part. I don’t try to last out at people, or be as mad or impulsive as I used to be.”
Brown feels as though he’s been pushed to the edge.
“I got to the point where it’s only so much you can take from the master, you feel me?” he says. “I’ve taken my fair share of lashings.”
What do you think about Brown’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?