Chris Brown and Drake Sued For $16 Million For Club Brawl
5:49 pm, August 15th, 2012
Entertainment Enterprises Ltd., the company that owns the club W.i.P., where the two performers’ entourages brawled on June 14, is now suing Drake and Brown for $16 million.
According to a lawsuit filed in New York, the singers “shared a grudge against the other arising out of their romantic relationships with the same woman” — Rihanna – and when they “crossed paths” at the club and started fighting, they ordered more than a dozen “heavily built men” in their crews ”to fight violently with each other.”
The suit notes their entourages “fashioned deadly weapons out of whatever materials they could find,” including “shattering the handles of bottles of spirits to use as makeshift knives, and even throwing full bottles at each other.”
What ensued was a “violent brawl on a massive scale” with lots of “flying glass shrapnel,” state the court papers.
“Terrorized patrons ran for cover,” adds the suit, “using banquettes and tables as improvised shields. Most were unable to protect themselves,” including several patrons who were “severely injured, including at least one celebrity.”
Basketball star Tony Parker is now suing the club for $20 million.
Among the reasons Entertainment Enterprises is seeking $16 million from Brown and Drake for “gross negligence,” “ultrahazardous activity” and “intentional illegal acts,” is that it had previously struck a $4 million licensing deal, but after the bad publicity that came along with the brawl and the club shutting down, the deal went south.
The suit says the singers ”should have foreseen that their notoriety and celebrity would ensure that their acts had far-reaching and devastating effects.”
So far, no one from either Brown or Drake’s side is commenting.
What do you think of the lawsuit?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage